Thursday 9 July 2015

Spontaneous Writing - 'The Gravedigger.'

I am the redeemer of your destiny.
I am the King of the Seas alongside the Maiden of the Voyage that dwells beyond our walls.
 I am the fate that resides each and every young man sent out to the battlefield, his shoulders scorched by both sun and warfare. 
I am the beaches, the calm breezes in Spring, the flowers that bloom and die in the Autumn.
 I am the devastating hunger that feeds the Nation, it’s brothers, it’s sisters, it’s fathers, forefathers, long lost ancestors who couldn’t even form the word ‘eat’ and yet here I am. 
I am the war cry.
 I am the senseless, mindless Hydra that looms in the cave of your children’s nightmares.
 I am fear and loathing with no Las Vegas.
 I am the rush in your veins that tells you to push harder, go wilder and taste the salt off of the sweet sweet plague of discontent. 
I am what consumes you under the bedcovers.
I am the suffocation of your collapsing, eroding system.
 I am everywhere, yet I am nowhere.

I am the Gravedigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment